This is so simple that you basically needed four ingredients: milk, sugar, vanilla pod and gelatin. I am using gelatin powder which is in a package of 10gram so I used the whole pack. The recipe resulted in a jiggly, smooth dessert and is so easy to do, it is perfect for a dinner party or even when you just feel like having a sweet dessert in the middle of the week.
5 tbsp water + 10g gelatin powder (about 5 tsp)
1 litre milk
2/3 cup fine sugar
1 vanilla pod
1) Dissolve the gelatin powder in the water and stir briskly.
2) Heat up the milk with the sugar gently to dissolve the sugar. Stir occasionally.
3) Split and scrap the vanilla beans into the milk mixture.
4) Bring to boil under medium heat and add the gelatine mixture.
5) Stir until the gelatine is fully dissolved into the mixture.
6) Remove from heat and strain into 125ml oiled containers.
7) Chill in fridge until set.
Note: Makes 8 but as I only have 6 containers, I used one big ramekin for the remaining liquid.